LBC: Who Inspires You in Lolita Fashion?

Dec 6, 2013

This is my first official post for Lolita Blog Carnival! LBC is a group of lolita bloggers who write blog articles about the same subject and on the same day. It's nice to read everyone's opinions and promote each other since lolita fashion is a very close online community. This week's topic is "who inspires you in lolita fashion" or as I like to call it, "frillspiration."

My inspiration mainly comes from visual kei since that was the first alternative fashion I became interested in. When I'm feeling more adventurous,  I pick elements off of anime and video game characters. There are too many awesome people to name, so I'll only list the top ones out of my head.

Listening to Versailles Philharmonic Quintet was actually how I discovered lolita fashion, so naturally they're one of my inspirations. These guys showed me the world of big eyeliner, big hair, and modern day fanciness. Although I don't listen to their music anymore, visually they're still very inspiring. They led the way to my next inspiration...


Matenrou Opera. They've been my favorite band for a few years now and going. I take very subtle ideas from their stage outfits. Probably too subtle for anyone to notice, but I haven't "debuted" most of my inspired outfits. I also thank them for my 95% black closet.

I didn't want to use their pictures without permission (procrastination orz), but this spot is dedicated to the three fellows who I met on livejournal aka my senpai: Saku (neogrotesk), Victor (amor_fati), and Elliot (technotropism). I stared at them for awhile when I was a newbie! Saku was the first Western ouji I ever saw and I thought he was so cool (he still is). Sadly, he doesn't wear ouji anymore. Then I saw Victor's black aristocratic elegance and it sucked me into a black hole. Now he has me buying too much Atelier Boz. Elliot of Deerstalker Pictures is always fabulous; he just is. He's always experimenting and that's good! This fashion needs more variety. The combination of all 3 of them plus some others made me want to come to the princely side.

And last, but not least, my newest source of inspo. That black closet I mentioned above is probably going to start turn colorful in 2014 thanks to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. JoJo characters are known for their obnoxiously bright lipstick, dazzling outfits, and back-breaking poses because they're based on big name fashion brands, one being Gucci. I only got into the series this year, but I have so many JoJouji and JoJolita ideas! Makeup artist Tadashi Hara's JoJo exhibit is an example of how character elements can be incorporated into real life fashion. 

There totally should be more on this list, but I'm pretty brain-dead with final exams coming up next week. My ouji folder alone is over 3000 pictures, so that should you give an idea about my magnitude of interest. My personal tumblr's archive shows a very broad summary of things I enjoy as well. Who is your top inspiration? Do we share any in common? Where are my JoJolitas at? 


See the more of the Carnival and their inspirations: 
Elegant Poupée  ✦  The Cute Lifestyle  ✦  Breiðholt  ✦  Northern Star  ✦  Sweet Indeed  ✦  New Vogue Children  ✦  Dreaming about the frills...  ✦  F Yeah Lolita  ✦  A Little bit of This... a Little Bit of That  ✦  Oh Velveteena

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jojo is my guilty pleasure too! I really liked your Jojo poses with Midori~ I love looking at Tokyofashion's pics of parties and events where everyone goes all out (dolly kei is a major inspiration to always be more creative with hair and headpiece and jewelry)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tokyofashion has awesome pictures. Dolly kei is so gorgeous, too! I'm fascinated by the styles that rely on mixing patterns because I can't coord them at all.

      Delete
  3. Versailles, Matenrou Opera and especially Hizaki is a huge inspiration for mee, too. + Versailles have been my fav band since '10.

    ReplyDelete